Sunday, July 6, 2008

Scatterbrained

I get all these ideas or find these really fun yarns and can't just work on one project until it's done. My poor little swimsuit cover-up... on the needles, and hasn't been touched in at least two weeks. My corset tee has been sitting idle since Thursday. But I have made several things in the meantime -- a tote bag crocheted from grocery bags, a headband for myself, a coffee mug cozy, a hair scrunchy, a scarf (almost finished -- have to decide on how long to make it) -- and I have another headband in progress. That doesn't count the projects I've started and frogged.

The pictures really don't do justice to the projects. The pattern on the mug cozy is really textured. You can't see the squares very well on here. And the headband is made from the same yarn, but the two items look so different. My "Midnight Raspberry" scarf is so incredibly soft. I could sleep in that yarn! I just love it! And I really like the contrast of the pinkish sparkly yarn mixed in there.

And despite the projects I have lying around begging to be completed, I just can't stop myself from casting on new things...





3 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE the coffee cup cozy!!! So cute!!! And the Purple is so so pretty!!! And it looks soft! You are right about the colors and textures not showing up well here.. b/c in RL they are so so lovely! I will have to take pics and practice w. them for you! Hmm.... have you taken a pic outside w/o the flash?? just a thought! They are great! I know.. I am the same way w. starting and stopping projects .. but get that shirt done! I want to see it!!:):):)

Stacy said...

I love the coffee cozy, does it really help keep your coffee hot? I am one of those people who wants my coffee to be "STEAMING" while I drink it. I may have to get my mom to make me one. I have never been able to get both hands to work together to accomplish knitting or anything of the like....your work is beautiful, I wish I had the "gift"
Blessings

Becky said...

Stacy, I have to be honest and tell you that I've never tried any of the coffee cozies I've made. I've given them all away : ) so I don't know if they keep your coffee warm longer or not. But it does add that extra layer of insulation, so I imagine it helps at least some.