Tuesday, July 29, 2008

COZY!!


Comfy Mary Jane Slippers
Originally uploaded by iloveyarn

I got frustrated with a hat that kept twisting on me, so I put it down and made myself some slippers! I used a silk and wool blend and they are incredibly soft!! I am so loving them!! And in the process of making them, I got to learn a few different techniques. It was my first time with the provisional cast on, attached i-cord, and kitchener stitch. I'd heard horror stories and was dreading that cast on as well as the kitchener stitch, but they weren't bad at all.

And looking at this picture makes me want to go get them and put them on...

2 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Al I understood was so soft .. knit tech .. bleb ugfha tlutai ((Hannah talking in another language:) )) I don't know HOW you do it .. but you do it BEAUTIFULLY!!! :):):)

Julia said...

Hi! I'm Julia, one of Heather's friends. :) I just wanted to stop by your page and say hi!!!! Those look soooo soft and comfortable, great work!