Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've heard of Christmas in July, but snow in June?

I've had to be out of the house some while work's being done to the ceiling. And when I've been home, there've been thunderstorms. I haven't been on the computer much. There weren't any storms yesterday when I got home, but it looked like the inside of my house was hit by a snowstorm - : ) There was sheetrock dust everywhere! From a little tiny strip down the middle of the living room ceiling. I spent the rest of yesterday wiping down virtually everything I own, every surface in the house, and vacuuming like crazy. Ceiling isn't finished yet, but I get a break from the work today.

I've been working on my corset tee some more and I think it just might fit. (Sorry Heather. Seriously, though, when you see it, if you want to pick out a color/colors for yours... I'll make you one. When Mama saw how it looks so far, the first thing she said is, "Heather's going to like that!" ) I'll get a picture of it on here later. I was in the middle of trying to get a pic of my progress on it when Ethan had a potty emergency. Then he saw the bathtub and wanted a bath. Which he needed anyway because we were all covered in sheetrock dust....

He's seeming to get this potty thing. I've found him a couple of times (when he didn't tell me that he had to potty) when he'd go and pee in the floor next to the toilet. A mess for me, but it shows me that he's making a connection. He can't climb onto the toilet himself, so that may be why he gets the floor.

We had a horrible night last night. Ethan kept waking up screaming. So I'm glad I don't necessarily have to get out of the house today. I was certainly happy when I was able to get up at 5 a.m. without disturbing him and make my much-needed coffee.

Now it's time to see what adventures today holds for us...


Okay, so here's some progress on my shirt I'm making -- the top part is the neckline and the sort-of off-shoulder sleeve. (Actually, it can be worn like a tank as well, only it will button up the front.) When I get more done on the body, I'll try to get a pic of what it will look like on. I'm not the best photographer, and the shirt is a little bunched up on the needles, but you get a general idea.

1 comment:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Sorry you had a bad night:(.

I love the shirt!! :) SO PRETTY!!!! I can't wait to see it on you! I would look like a big ol blob in it ;) !!

As for Ethan using the potty!!! WOW!!!!! I can't believe how fast he has picked it up! :) So cool!!!

If you need a break from the snow storm, you can always come here:)